Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Still Here

I'm still here. I've just been so busy lately. I've been given new responsibilities at work, writing and producing for a new project that will be national shortly. And I've hidden the mouse and keyboard so that my kids won't sit at the computer all day playing games and I won't be distracted from doing my drawing, which I've made quite a lot of progress on. Work is pretty stressful now. It's a different world.

Yesterday evening my wife had a meeting so it was just me and the kids for awhile. I read to them for half an hour and then we all sat down to draw. My kids are quite creative. I was working on my drawing and after awhile my oldest came to me with a sealed envelope that was addressed to Dad from Fred. He said it had come in the mail and he'd forgotten to give it to me. I asked him who Fred was and he said, "I don't know!" When my wife came home we showed it to her and she wondered aloud who's dad it was for. My boy took the letter, saying he had to check something and left the room. He came back a few moments later after "inspecting" it and there was our address on the back of the envelope. I must have missed it. Well, I'm the only dad at our house so the letter must be for me. I opened it and found a drawing of a man with a huge head yelling, "Grrrrr!" at a school. My boy's name was on it, so it really was from him after all. He really had me fooled.

No comments: