Sunday, October 26, 2003

Starting Over

I didn't do as much preparation for that drawing as I should have. When I got the guitarist done, I realized that the other two figures had to be head to toe so that I could show what they were doing, playing soccer and skateboarding. Since the guitarist is waist up, this would throw the picture off balance. I talked to my client, telling him that what really needed to be done was for me to get bigger paper and draw the guitarist smaller and the other two larger. He said I should do whatever looked best and that if the picture turned out bigger, he would pay me more. He's very understanding. So I started over. I decided to sketch all three before starting to fill in the detail and it worked. I put in about six hours yesterday and have outlines of all three done. It looks good. I feel a lot better about it than the first one.

No comments: