Friday, October 03, 2003

The Game

I've been bingeing again. I went to an all-night LAN party last Friday in which I was introduced to Battlefield 1942. I took my 7 year old. He's a gamer like me and we loved it. He was also excited that he got to stay up late for once. He tells everyone he stayed up till 4 am because that's when we went home. In reality, he fell asleep at about 11 pm on the blanket and pillow I brought for him. I, myself, am too old to try such a stunt again anytime soon. I'm still feeling the effects. I can't pull all-nighters anymore like I used to in college when I had a paper due the next day. I hardly ever started a paper sooner than the night before, so I would frequently stay up all night, write the paper, and get up from the computer and go to school. Then I'd work an eight-hour shift before going home. I can't do it anymore. This just about killed me. And now I'm addicted to the game. Can't get anything worthwhile done.


My Bands

I posted a list of the bands I didn't listen to back in the eighties so it's only right that I post one of the bands I did listen to (The bold entries are the ones I just couldn't get enough of, the bands I worshipped.):

ADAM & THE ANTS * AFTER THE FIRE * AZTEC CAMERA * THE B-52'S * BALAAM AND THE ANGEL * THE BANGLES * BAUHAUS * THE BEET FARMERS * BERLIN * BLACK FLAG * DAVID BOWIE * THE BUTTHOLE SURFERS * THE BUZZCOCKS * THE CHURCH * THE CIRCLE JERKS * THE CLASH * LLOYD COLE & THE COMMOTIONS * ELVIS COSTELLO * THE CULT * THE CURE * CUTTING CREW * THE DAMNED * THE DEAD BOYS * THE DEAD MILKMEN * THE DEAD KENNEDYS * DEPECHE MODE * DEVO * THE DREAM ACADEMY * D.R.I. * ECHO AND THE BUNNYMEN * THE ELECTRIC EELS * THE ENGLISH BEAT * EURYTHMICS * FALCO * THE FALL * FISHBONE * FINE YOUNG CANNIBALS * FLOCK OF SEAGULLS * THE FLYS * FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD * PETER GABRIEL * GAYE BIKERS ON ACID * GENE LOVES JEZEBEL * GENERAL PUBLIC * GENERATION X * THE GO-GOS * THE GERMS * HAIRCUT 100 * MURRAY HEAD * HUMAN LEAGUE * ICEHOUSE * INXS * JOE JACKSON * THE JAM * JOY DIVISION * NIK KERSHAW * KILLING JOKE * LADY PANK * LEVEL 42 * MADNESS * MEN AT WORK * MEN WITHOUT HATS * MIDNIGHT OIL * MINISTRY * MINOR THREAT * THE MISSION UK * MODERN ENGLISH * MR. MISTER * THE NAILS * GARY NEUMAN * ORCHESTRAL MANOEUVERS IN THE DARK * PETSHOP BOYS * THE POLICE * THE POGUES * THE PROCLAIMERS * PSYCHEDELIC FURS * PUBLIC IMAGE LTD. * THE RAMONES * R.E.M. * THE ROMANTICS * 7SECONDS * THE SEX PISTOLS * SIMPLE MINDS * SIMPLY RED * SIOUXSIE & THE BANSHEES * THE SMITHS * THE SMITHEREENS * SONIC YOUTH * THE SPECIALS * SQUEEZE * THE SURF PUNKS * THE TALKING HEADS * TALK TALK * TEARS FOR FEARS * TENPOLE TUDOR * 10,000 MANIACS * THOMPSON TWINS * THE THREE O'CLOCK * THE TOASTERS * WASTED YOUTH * THE TOY DOLLS * TSOL * U2 * UB40 * UNDERWORLD * THE VAPORS * WORLD PARTY * X * XTC * YAZ *

I can't remember all of them so I'll be updating this from time to time.

No comments: