Monday, October 20, 2003

Day Off

My wife says I don't full appreciate how hard she works even though she doesn't have a job. I do, and this knowledge is being reinforced as I am staying home for the day to watch the kids and take care of the house while she takes my 3 yr old to the hospital. There is enough work in this house to keep you busy FOR....EVER. Not just for a day, or a week, or a decade. FOR....EVER. You've seen Disney's animated version of "Alice in Wonderland." Remember when she's walking down the path, trying to find her way home and a dog or some other kind of animal with brooms for a head and tail comes along, sweeping away the path so that all progress is stopped and there is no hope for backtracking? This is what cleaning this house is like with two little boys in it. Except, the are more like vacuum cleaners set on reverse. And Mrs. C. has THREE boys here when she's around.

The hospital appointment is for an extensive test to see whether he needs growth hormone therapy. I know I said he didn't but I may have spoken too soon. The tests that came back were not the hgh tests. Those are happening today. Keep your fingers crossed. I don't like the idea of subjecting him to it.

No comments: