Monday, August 18, 2003

Mom and little girl came home today. I don't usually use names on this thing but I'll make an exception because I finally got to pick the name this time! My choice of Sydney Marie made the finals and came out victorious. (Sorry Layne...that was my second choice.) The kids are so glad Mom is home. The first night she was gone my three-year-old kept saying, "Mom's dead," and, "Let's build a new mom." My five-year-old said he wouldn't be able to sleep at night with Mom gone. But they got over it, especially after we went to the hospital and they could see that she was still alive and mostly well. Now the tough part is getting them to stay away from her so she can get some rest.
I lucked out today. I took a week and a half off from work but one of the clients wouldn't reschedule. They had to have their commercial done today or they'd go somewhere else. The other editor has Mondays off (it's in his contract--I don't even have a contract) so it was up to me. I had everything planned: I got a sitter for the boys and I would go in to work, hope it only took a few hours, then rush off to get Mrs. C, but not before I'd made a few snyde remarks about how a stupid sixty-second commercial is more important than a sick mommy and a new baby. But, alas, I didn't have to do all of that. The production scheduler called at about 8pm last night and said the other editor was coming in to do billboards for the football games and he'd be able to do the edit. It was a nice surprise. I still had to get a babysitter because now our '93 Plymouth Sundance won't accommodate our whole family anymore, but it was only for a couple of hours.

No comments: