Thursday, August 14, 2003

I guess I lied. We couldn't have the baby when scheduled because there seems to be a new baby boom here in Utah. All the beds in most of the hospitals are full of new mommies. That's fine, we can wait, but the charge nurse was pretty rude to my wife about it. This wasn't our idea, it was our doctor's, and I've taken a lot of time off for this. So we're more than a little miffed. We've been on hold for two days now. They said to try tomorrow and all should work out, but we're not holding our breath.

I just heard about the massive blackouts. I guess I didn't realize that so many large cities were tied to the same power sources. Good luck to you all up there. I was a New Yorker for six months in 1986 and I know that would be rough. I've heard that as it's nearing dusk, many people are still trying to figure out how to get back to their respective boroughs. I was stranded one time in Port Authority around 8th Ave and 42nd trying to get to Long Island when it started getting dark--let me tell you, it was frightening. I hear some of these people have to walk to Brooklyn and Queens from Manhattan. Not pretty. I hope they make it.

No comments: