Sunday, August 24, 2003

I know you're probably tired of it, but I'm dazzled with my new daughter and I can't stop talking about her. She has a new name. We got a bunch of really girly clothes from the neighbors. They're brand new, really nice stuff, but most of them have ruffles on the britches. So Mrs. C. began calling her Princess Rufflebutt and it's stuck. Even some of the neighbors are calling her that now. I think it's the perfect name for the daughter of Dinky Chickenshorts.

I'm starting back to work tomorrow. I've spent the week as errand boy at home and now I have to go back to my day job. The prospect brings mixed feelings. It's been nice to be away from the grind but the tension has been building as Mrs. C. has been recuperating and becoming less dependant upon me. She loves me, I know, but I always mess up the established routine when I stay home. It's kind of like when your parents come to town to stay over night and it ends up being for a weekend or longer. So it will be good to let her have back the eight hours a day she needs to prepare for my coming home.

I have decided that I am going to pursue another career. The TV Station is my livelyhood, such as it is, right now, and I'm going to stay there as long as it takes, but it's not my future. I have bigger and better fish to fry.

No comments: