Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Bummer!

I don't get to see Radiohead after all. I got the job, but the guy who hired me is out of town and his assistant--who's been on the job for two months--wants to wait till he's back to start me. So I've missed almost the entire season. I'll get to work the ZZ Top show but that's about it. So I missed Audioslave and Radiohead, and Nora Jones... I know, I've said all this before, but I'm hurting here! It turns out that I could probably sneak in, but I can't be dishonest. I'm a lot of things but I can't cheat or steal. I stole once in my life--some posters from a record store--but I went and paid for them three months later because I was feeling so guilty. I have a lot of regrets but there are three aspects of my virtue that are still intact--I don't steal, I've never killed anyone, and I've never been to a topless bar. So I had to turn down the opportunity to avoid piling more guilt on my sore shoulders.

No comments: