Friday, May 14, 2004

They Say It's Your Birthday

Well this has turned out to be a very nice birthday. I was bummed at first because I knew (and I was right) that my coworkers would forget to take me out to lunch like they do every year. Every year we take the scheduler, the photog, and the stage managers to lunch on their birthdays, and every year mine is forgotten. Of course they always appologize and then they take me out the next day--in this case it will be Monday--but it still saddens me a little. I've even gotten to where I broadcast the date to everyone the day before, but somehow it's still overlooked. I know I'm a baby. So this morning I brought some soup with me, which was a good thing because without it I would have had no lunch.

But then things started looking up. All of you nice folks out there (you, too, Mom) started sending me wonderful birthday greetings, Pat, a lifer at the TV station who's the only one who never forgets, brought me his customary Hostess Cupcakes, and, when I went to Hollywood Video to rent a movie for tonight, the guy who rang it up said, unprompted by me, "Oh, happy birthday! The video is on us tonight." I musn't forget my wonderful wife who knows I'm sensitive about my birthday. She was very kind and bought me a nice blackberry pie (I hate cake). So this is great. Thanks everyone.

No comments: