Wednesday, May 05, 2004

I've never had much money. When I was growing up we couldn't afford anything. My friends all thought I was lying when I told them it would do no good to ask my parents for money for the movies or candy. And that hasn't changed for me all that much. So I have a problem spending money. I had pretty much decided that I was going to get that amp I wrote about but when I went to checkout at the Musician's Friend website, the total price scared the pee out of me and I cancelled it. Then on Saturday I went to Guitar Center and looked around. I couldn't find the amp there but I started playing around with a Crate amp that was half the price of the other. It was smaller but I got to thinking, I'm not planning on being a rock star or even performing. There are other things I need to buy that will make money but this won't. What I didn't realize was that there were smaller amps that sound great and have a lot of features and are a lot more affordable. So I bought it.

I've also decided to get the mini strat for my boy. He seems so excited about it and promises he'll practice. I understand what you all have been saying about the accoustic, but those are harder to play than an electric and I don't want him getting more frustrated than he normally would. So I'm going to go for it.

No comments: