Thursday, May 06, 2004

Old Man

It's birthday time at our house. My three-year-old is now my four-year-old. This morning I woke him up before I had to go to work and said, "Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday." He had stayed up late last night and was very grumpy so his response was, "I know! I know!" and he didn't even want to come open his presents. So I didn't get to see his reaction. I hear that when they went to the store to pick up his Incredible Hulk birthday cake, he was still mad and he stepped on it. Now there's a crater in it. It's his day and he can do whatever he wants to his own cake, I guess.
Apparently he had a good time later, though. He got a golf set and has been hitting the links. He also got a toy power drill and, in his words, has been "screwing" everything in the house. My wife hopes he doesn't mention that around the neighbors but I think it would be a hoot.

No comments: