Friday, January 30, 2004

Money Money Money

Doing the Friday Five thing again:
You have just won one million dollars:

1. Who do you call first?
The first impulse is to call my parents. Yeah, that's who I'd call.

2. What is the first thing you buy for yourself?
There are so many things. The world is suddenly a candy store and everything I want is within my price range. But I don't want to fall prey to impulse buys. I'd buy a vintage Gibson Les Paul and a Marshall Amp and be done with it.

3. What is the first thing you buy for someone else?
I'd pay off and fix up the house. I know it sounds like that's for me, too, but that's something my wife wants more than just about anything. So it would be for her.

4. Do you give any away? If yes, to whom?
Yes, but where do I begin? There are so many people who need it, and a million dollars really doesn't go that far today. I would probably start by looking at the needs of my neighborhood, which is not very well-to-do. I'd see if I could help any of the kids here with getting an education.

5. Do you invest any? If so, how?
I would take a chunk, maybe 25 grand or so and put it into growth funds and see what happens from there.

No comments: