Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Let it (not) Snow

Friday, the day after Christmas, snow began to accumulate in great heaps. Most of the streets except for our were plowed almost immediately. I shoveled snow and helped dig neighbors' cars out for most of the afternoon. Yesterday the wind began to blow. It kept blowing all day. When I got home from work, my once-clear driveway had 3-foot snowdrifts. I was taking my five-year-old to the Jazz Basketball Game so I had to hurry and dig. I parked my little Sundance in the middle of the road and began digging. In the half hour that took, I also helped push two of my neighbor's cars out of the snow. I finally got the driveway clear enough to pull my car in and we went to the ball game. This morning, after a sleepless night and with bags under my eyes, I looked out the window and saw that the driveway was covered in deep snow again. I woke up late and had to get to work so I didn't bother with shoveling. Thank goodness for four-wheel-drive vans!

No comments: