Saturday, December 20, 2003

In sickness and in health

Everyone seems to be getting better now. The coughing and hacking that once filled the house is now somewhat subdued. My five-year-old did not die as he thought. Princess Rufflebutt has been very happy today. She still coughs a little but she's much better than before. The nights were the worst. She was really ill there for a while. Mrs. C. seems to be getting better as well. I missed the whole thing. This is the first time I didn't catch what everyone else in the house had (knock on wood).

My sister is on her way to Idaho to live with my parents. They drove clear to Arizona just to get her and bring her back. That's quite a trip. They'll be passing through here at about 1 am so I won't see them. Good luck with your new life, Banana. I hope everything goes well for you.

By the way, I finally won something at the company Christmas party. It is a car stereo. Now if I could only get someone to help me install it, it will be the most expensive thing about my car. My co-workers have made it clear that I can no longer snivel about not winning. Ok. I'll comply with that. The party included many departments and companies as it was the sports and entertainment side of the group that we work for. Our company cleaned up, most of the prizes going to our sales department. I'm sure it didn't sit well with the rest of the party, especially since our sales department does that nearly every year. Isn't it odd how the same people seem to win every time?

I'm taking this whole week off starting Monday (I have to work tomorrow) and there are many presents under the tree from our wonderful families, so this should be a very nice Christmas for us. Merry Christmas everyone.

No comments: