Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Emotional Week

My range of emotions is complete.

This morning my boy, the neighbor kid I take to school, and I all got in the car to go. I reached down to turn on the stereo and grabbed a handful of wires. The stereo was gone. I can't describe how impotent I feel. To want smash someone's face in but to not have a target because they left no calling card is an enormous frustration. I feel violated, to say the least. I'm doing my best to not take it out on everyone around me. I yelled at the kids to get in the car because they were fighting over the seat. It came out pretty harsh and they were silent all the way to the school. I waved to my boy and he gave me a half-hearted wave in return.

The stereo was a nice one that I won at a company party. It's the only possession I own that's worth stealing. Part of what's killing me about this whole thing is how stupid I am. I should have taken the detachable face plate off. I should have locked the car. I guess I just think more of people than I should. I expect them to treat my property like I would treat theirs. I keep looking down at the dash for the clock or to turn on the stereo and the feeling rush back.

So I can add rage to my list.

No comments: