Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Around the World

My friend, Tony, gave us some free passes to an early screening of Around the World in Eighty Days the other day. We don't go to the movies much so I thought it was a great chance to spend some time with the kids. After waiting in line for a while, and passing through Disney's stiff security gauntlet who prodded us looking for cell phones and recording devices, we entered into the seething madhouse. The movie was far more than I had hoped for. Jackie Chan was great, as usual, and this time he didn't have to fight (no pun intended) for screen time and laughs with Chris Tucker, always a tedious thing to watch. The kids seemed to love it. My eight year old was laughing his head off at the slapstick and repeating the one-liners in my ear. After the movie my four-year-old threw a fit because we couldn't afford, even with my HUGE 10% employee discount, any popcorn. But aside from that, I think we all had a pretty good time.

No comments: