Monday, April 26, 2004

They Keep Going and Going and Going and . . .

Sometimes my job is very satisfying. There aren't many professions in which you can work all day then come home, turn on the tv and see what you were working on. The inaugural running of the Salt Lake Marathon was held on Saturday. Of course I didn't run...what, are you crazy? But I had a marathon of my own. A production company out of Jersey taped it and I edited what they shot into an hour-long show that aired on another station here in town. I started at noon and we finished up at about half past midnight. They laid the audio yesterday. So, at 10:30 pm last night, my wife and I turned on the tv and watched what I'd been working on. It was kind of surreal. I'd been working so hard that there was no time to really review what I'd done, so, in a sense, I was watching it for the first time. That can be fun and it can be agonizing. There were some mistakes I hadn't caught and it was painful to watch them go out on the air and not be able to do anything about it. But on the whole everything looked pretty good.

No comments: