Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Vegas, Baby! Vegas!

We're doing another hit-the-ground-running, commando production tomorrow. We're going to Los Angeles again, but this time we have more than just six or seven hours. This time were going to spend the night in Vegas at the Luxor Hotel, and I understand we're going to see the Blue Man Group perform! (Right now, just imagine me screaming one of the most sincerest "WOO HOO"'s I've ever screamed.) There's a grand opening of another of the schools for which we're producing our teen health and exercise programs and Governor Schwarzenegger is going to be there. So the company is sending us to L.A. to shoot the event and possibly get an interview or at least a couple of sound bites from him. We're leaving tomorrow morning and coming back on Saturday, and we're all scrambling around trying to get everything ready--including scripts, since it was decided we'd shoot a show while we're down there.

I wasn't very excited at first. I'm a homebody and I don't relish all the time away from my family. But Mrs. C. seemed really excited and said she'd go in my place if she could, so that perked me up a little. But when I heard about the Blue Man Group, my fate was sealed. I don't give a rat's hoo-ha about the Governator, but those blue guys are a different story.

I can see us now: Driving out of the parking lot Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau style, shouting Vegas, Baby! Vegas!


Blog it forward 5 is here so I'm going to do my civic duty as a citizen of the blogiverse. The only thing is, the decision is always so tough. How do you pick just one . . . or two . . . or seventeen of your favorite blogs when there are so many good ones out there? But I'll give it a shot one more time:

I'm not sure how I stumbled onto Anne-Charlotte's blog. In her words she's, "A language student in her mid-twenties, living in Gothenburg on the Swedish west coast." I can hear her charming accent in her posts. Someone else used the perfect word to describe the place: "Cozy." Check out the wonderful photos.

I also have to plug Kem White. He is the one who inspired my post about grammar peaves. His writing style is top notch.

Oh, I almost forgot. I still haven't heard back from the doctor about the heart monitor thing. I should call him, but you know me...I probably won't.

No comments: