Monday, November 03, 2003

Bad Day

I rarely have a bad day at work. I love the people there and I like the work, for the most part. There are occasions, however, when things don't go well. I'm sorry I can't be specific, but I don't talk much about work here. Suffice to say that I was so angry I was trembling and felt like vomiting. It didn't help that I hadn't had anything to eat and have been working on very little sleep since Princess Rufflebutt was born. I fumed the entire day, still growling to myself about it during the drive home. When I got home, the first person I saw was my three yr. old. He was looking out the window and excitedly shouting, "Dad's home! Dad's home." I went in the house and he hugged me and said, "I love you, Dad." I instantly felt better.

Later, at dinner, we were talking about Rufflebutt. My wife said, "She sure is cute," to which my five yr old replied, "You're kinda cute yourself, Mom."

No comments: