Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Quit Looking at my Cards!

Our family has discovered Go Fish. We all gather in the living room, the boys sitting across the room by the wall after attempting to sit directly behind my wife or me to see our cards. We've changed the rules a little. Instead of asking, "Do you have any fours?" we ask for the number and the suit. It makes it a little more interesting. During the course of the game, there are nearly-constant accusations of cheating. It's hilarious. Last night we were in hysterics. It went like this:

Six-year-old J: B, Do you have the A of hearts?
Eight-year-old B: Go fish. Ok J. (Dramatic Pause) do you have the A of clovers?

At this point J would start screaming, "You looked at my cards! He's cheating!"

This happened anytime any of us asked for a card he had. And you should have seen hime when he guessed correctly which cards we had. He'd dance around, singing, "I got the card I needed." Of course he wouldn't pursue the matches and lose them all the next round. We also had to watch him closely to keep him from asking for cards he already had.

I never knew go fish could be so fun.

No comments: