Saturday, September 18, 2004

Music and Video

Got the new Tears for Fears disc, "Everybody Loves a Happy Ending." There's a debate raging about it at the station. There are several of us who are consummate Beatles fans and for some of the guys, the extensive "references" to the fab four's music throughout the disc. Personally, I love it. I think it's a great homage, almost a new way to approach Lennon, McCartney and the others. But the other guys think it's too much of a ripoff, of blundering through sacred ground. I must admit that the orchestral wind-up on "Who Killed Tangerine" sounds almost as if it were actually sampled from "A Day in the Life." But the music is so good, I don't mind. Orzabal's lyrical prowess approaches genius. So get it, dang it!

I have my edit system all set up, the software all registered and paid for. Now I need a camera. In case anyone can help, I'm looking for a good price on a Panasonic AG-DVX100A. I was just in a hot auction fight on ebay over a DVX100 and I lost. Someone edged me out at the last minute and got it for a heck of a deal. All I can do is keep trying.

No comments: