Friday, August 27, 2004

A Blast on My Own Horn

Yesterday I edited some commercials for a well-known wireless cellphone company. I don't think I went over and above what I normally do. I just tried to get the job done as well (and as quickly) as I could. Today I got this really nice email from my boss:

Dinky,

I wanted to pass on the very positive comments which I just received about you from [the client's name] of [the cellphone company.] [The client] got my number from [the account exec] and said that he wanted to speak directly with your supervisor to compliment you on the fine work which you did for them yesterday. He said that he has now worked with you twice and is totally impressed with the job you've done for them on both occasions.

[The client] said that you are very personable, a tremendous listener, thorough and very quick and efficient. They have been very happy with the product which you have been able to provide.

While I know that this is the kind of work which you do for all of our clients, I appreciated hearing it very much directly from [the client] and wanted to be certain that you heard about it as well.


Thanks, Dinky for this effort and for all of the others which tend to go unheralded,

[The supervisor]

That was really nice of him, don't you think? I almost started bawling.

No comments: