Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Friday, the 25th was miserable. The station's production scheduler and my boss, the production supervisor, were both out of town. That should have been ok but suddenly everybody needed something from me. I was looking forward to a relaxing day of not much to do. Didn't happen. I got a call from a producer who's working on a video presentation for a convention in Los Angeles and who needed a stage right away. He also needed one of our trucks and and audio guy. I don't know what the rates are for renting our production stage and I wasn't sure how I was going to get the keys to the truck and I've done audio before but I'm an editor, not an audio guy. But I rented it to him anyway.
It all worked out. When I stage manage, I'm used to sitting around, playing my guitar. But, since this was such short notice and they were shorthanded, I worked quite a bit on Saturday. It's going to be a pretty funny gag. They shot the whole thing through the windshield of the truck and they're going to edit in some of the O.J. Simpson chase footage. The talent were great, improving jokes and bantering back and forth. I thought they must be a morning radio team or something, but I learned that they're just distributors for their company, that they've never really been on air or on stage.

No comments: