Thursday, May 29, 2003

I didn't get the drawing done in time. Just didn't have the motivation, I guess. I did fix the swamp cooler, though. I came triumphantly down from the roof after three hours. Being mechanically challenged as I am, I felt quite proud of myself.
Dinky Jr. learned how to ride his bike on Sunday: Another exciting accomplishment in our household. That's all he wants to do, and since our street is a haven for incompetent speed demons, he rides his bike in the church parking lot a few blocks away. So everyday we make a pilgrimage.
The scheduler here at work, who's never had any experience editing video, just blew me away with a wedding video he produced for his sister inlaw. I'm jealous. I've been editing on very expensive equipment for about fifteen years now and someone can get Adobe Premiere off Kazaa for free and produce something of fairly professional quality--not to mention Final Cut Pro whose low price makes editors out of just about anybody. There's another reason to get out of this business. It's doomed. It'll soon be overrun by everyone with a pc. I don't feel special anymore.

No comments: