Monday, January 24, 2005

Supersized

I've seen the movie, Supersize Me, twice now. Superb! It reminds me of Moore's style, which, while I don't agree with his politics, I like a lot. None of us at work are going to eat fast food anymore. We'll see how long that lasts.

It's not as if I'm not busy enough--maybe that I just like to punish myself--but I've been offered something on the side that I can't pass up. My emmy-award-winning, national-television-syndicated, film-reviewer friend is starting a regionally distributed magazine (Utah, Nevada, California) and has asked me to be the music editor. It pays next to nothing, if anything at all, but it's a great opportunity to get my resume going in the direction I had intended when I got my English degree. We're off to the Sundance Film Festival, press passes in hand to see one of the concerts that'll be there this week. I didn't know this, but music is big at Sundance, what with all the bands vying to get their music into films. I'm nervous. I don't fancy myself the best writer, but, as Norman R. Augustine said, "Motivation will almost always beat mere talent." Wait a minute...motivation? Oh, hell. I'm in trouble now.

No comments: